Installation is straightforward requiring minimal connections to boats batteries and monitoring devices. Installation can be achieved by a suitably skilled boat owner. Many inputs can be renamed to suit your boat (ie Entry1 could be renamed Saloon), and OK/Alarm logic on many inputs can be reversed by simple command. (That means an input can be changed, for example from NC to NO or "Shore Power ON" to "Shore Power OFF"). Trek Transponder offers great flexibility and install time.
Alternatively Trek Transponder has partnered with marine electrical installers in Sydney Harbour, Pittwater, Melbourne, Portland and The Whitsundays who will be pleased to carry out installation for you.
Trek Transponder on board is connected to common security alarm devices which can be obtained from electronics retailers Jaycar or Altronics online including:
- Reed switches (detect hatches and doors opening). A variety of sizes and shapes, connected to Trek Transponder by two wires. Many can be installed in series.
- PIR Detectors (detect a person moving).
- Gas and smoke detectors (detect smoke, poisonous or flammable gas).
- For bilge monitoring common N.O. float switches from Whitworths, Bias Boating or the electronics retailers above may be connected.
- Sirens/flashing lights available from Jaycar and Altronics can also be connected, Trek Transponder provides a 30V 5A relay for this purpose.
Cameras are a specialized low power type and are supplied by Trek Transponder when SM100 model is ordered.
Phone us for pricing on a system to suit your boat on 02 8916 6410, or email us. Speak to the experts.
Manuals and documentation can be downloaded below. You can also click a tab to see wiring suggestions.